Over 25 highly customised vehicles at the SEMA Show 2013, which was held from 5-8 November in Las Vegas, NV, used digitally printed and colour change car wraps from Avery Dennison films.
Meghan Lagoni, channel marketing manager, Avery Dennison Graphics Solutions said, ‘From a Ford Raptor and Scion FR-S to exotic cars like a Ferrari ZXX Enzo and Lamborghini Murcielago, Avery Dennison MPI 1005 Supercast with digital overlaminates and Supreme Wrapping Films are enhancing many SEMA Show project cars. Interest in car wraps from restylers and customisers has grown dramatically, especially with the wide range of colours and finishes available with the Supreme Wrapping Films.’
The Avery Dennison Supreme Wrapping Film portfolio offers the broadest selection of colour change wrap films for the customisation market, with more than 50 colours in pearlescent, metallic, matte and gloss finishes. Supreme Wrapping Films are often used in conjunction with Avery Dennison Conform Chrome Accent Wrapping Films to create unique, personalised wraps.
Digitally imaged graphic wraps are being printed on the Avery Dennison MPI 1005 Supercast Series, an ultra-conformable series of digital films with a variety of high performance adhesive options. The Ferrari ZXX Enzo in the Giovanna booth (45015, 46015, 47015) features a digital graphic design printed on MPI 1005 Supercast Easy Apply RS film.
The cars wrapped with Avery Dennison films at SEMA Show 2013 included:
• Advanced Engine Management, Booth 22661: Scion FR-S wrapped with Avery Dennison Supreme Wrapping Film Deep Forest Matte Metallic.
• Atturo Tire, Booth 40293: Ford Raptor wrapped with Avery Dennison Conform Chrome Blue and DOL 1380 matte by Sudden Impact Auto Body.
• DUB Magazine, Outside South Hall: Lamborghini Murcielago wrapped with Avery Dennison Conform Chrome Black.
• McGaughy’s Suspension, Booth 21413: Chevy Silverado wrapped with Avery Dennison MPI 1005 Supercast with DOL 1370 luster by Method Wraps.
• MOTORZ, Outside Central Hall: Ford F-150, Ford F-250 and Ford Mustang wrapped with Avery Dennison MPI 1005 Supercast with DOL 1360 gloss by APE Wraps.
• Rennen International, Booth 45045: 1968 Ford Mustang wrapped with Avery Dennison Conform Chrome Silver (digitally printed with green over laminate) by GatorWraps.
• West Coast Customs, Booth 11293: Audi R8 wrapped with Avery Dennison MPI 1005 Supercast cheetah print. Three additional vehicles wrapped with MPI 1005 Supercast and Supreme Wrapping Film.
Avery Dennison experts demonstrated proper wrap installation techniques for the restyling community throughout the show at the West Coast Customs Booth 11293. Car wrap demonstrations were showcased in the Avery Dennison Booth 12255 by Justin Pate, a globally recognised graphic installer, and Paul Roba, North America technical manager at Avery Dennison Graphics Solutions.