Mimaki premiered its new CJV300 at Viscom Paris 2014, which took place from 9-11 September in Paris (Porte de Versailles), France.
Mike Horsten, General Manager Marketing EMEA for Mimaki Europe said, ‘2014 has been a big year for new products at Mimaki but the year is not over yet, as visitors to our stand at Viscom saw. We offered a new silver ink along with a brand-new printer to bring high value-added printing to manufacturers in the sticker, labelling, and packaging print industries. We were also pleased to expand our corporate sponsorship programme in a number of mutually beneficial arrangements. And beyond Viscom, we have numerous other events on the calendar throughout the rest of the year. We are looking forward to sharing all of this good news in person with as many show visitors as possible.’
At Viscom, the highlight of the Mimaki stand was the brand-new CJV300-130/160 inkjet printer/cutter, bringing simultaneous print/cut operations to this class of printer for the first time.
‘We are also extremely thrilled with the brand-new SS-21 silver ink available with this printer,’ Horsten said. ‘This complements the SS21 Orange and Light Black inks introduced earlier this year and makes it possible for users to create metallic images in no less than 648 different colours with a silver underlay.’
The SS21 silver ink brightness is 1.67 times greater than that of conventional silver inks for high value-added printing and ensures mirror effect results that exceed expectations.
The CJV300-130/160 delivers best-in-class print speeds at up to 105.9sqm per hour for high productivity rates. Its two newly-developed staggered printheads deliver a wider print swath, and ink drops ranging from four-pl to 35-pl create beautiful high-resolution printing. Continuous register mark detection enables the continuous cutting of an entire roll of media while simultaneously taking up unrolled media. Zero margin register marks reduce media consumption by eliminating the margins between register marks, for less waste of often costly media.
Mimaki is also pleased to announce following newcomers to the Mimaki family as of spring 2015:
• Mimaki CJV150 inkjet printer/cutter operating at up to 56.2sqm, a functional entry-level printer featuring Mimaki’s unique expertise and technology. It also features silver, light black and orange SS21 inks.
• Mimaki JV150 inkjet printer. Offering a wide range of applications, including indoor decorations, posters, shop or event decorations, and vehicle-wrapping. It features two ink types: solvent and water-based sublimation inks, for increased flexibility in addressing a wide array of print applications. Quick-drying SS21 orange and light black inks are available for this printer.
These printers will make their European display debut at Viscom Italy, taking place October 16-18 in Milan, Italy.
Mimaki has entered into new sports sponsorship arrangements that will provide stunning graphic treatment for its partners while furthering Mimaki’s corporate dedication to key values such as speed, agility and teamwork.
• The Netherlands’ hockey team MHC Lelystad, with the team wearing the Mimaki logo on their jersey. Mimaki also has sole stadium visibility during the games, adorning the entire field with Mimaki printed applications.
• Sponsorship of Germany’s Geilste Club Der Welt (GCDW), a leading men’s volleyball team with significant popularity within Germany. The Club is very strong within the Bundesliga, ensuring maximum visibility for the Mimaki signage on the jerseys. At the same time, Mimaki has also engaged in a technology partnership with the Caterham F1® racing team, where Mimaki has been appointed as the team’s official technical partner.
‘We are extremely pleased to be working with these three outstanding teams,’ Horsten added. ‘They know, just as we know, that speed, agility and teamwork make all the difference. Together, we will be able to make a difference for both the teams and their fans.’
‘While it has been a busy year for Mimaki so far, we are planning a busy finish as well. There is so much good news to share that we wanted to be present in as many venues as possible,’ said Horsten.
Mimaki will also be exhibiting at:
• Reklama Moskou in Russia: 25-28 September, located in Mimaki distributor booths.
• C!Print Madrid in Spain: 7-9 October, Booth B61 with distributor Digidelta
• Viscom Italy: 16-18 October, booths L11, K11 and K19 with distributor Bompan.
• Viscom Frankfurt in Germany: 5-7 November, Booth C31-D31.