The cost-effective clear coating system, launched at the Sign Africa Durban Expo at the Durban ICC, can print on all UV printed rigid materials.
It can coat 1300mm wide to any length, boasts a speed of 70 metres per minute, has a low energy consumption, there is no material wastage, is easy to install and operate, gives a gloss finish coating for high impact, doubles outdoor durability and is scratch resistant. Colour and matt finishes are also available.
Also showcased was another world-first solution: the Sign-Tronic 256 S UV digital inks. Unique properties of the inks include:
– Stretch with no white effect.
– No cracking or colour-distortion when stretched (deep draws for both vacuum-forming plastics as well as metal-forming).
– Allows printing to take place before forming, making it far more cost-effective than traditional techniques.
– Allows printing on many different surfaces (metal, glass, ABS, perspex, PETG, extruded acrylic, wood, flexible material, paper, other synthetic material, wraps for cars).
– Does not display finger marks when printing on material supplied.
– Non-hazardous with reduced smell.
– Excellent colour gamut.
– Passes 24-hour water-submersion test.