Sawgrass launched the VJ 628 printer, the industry’s first (25 inch) 63.5cm printer optimised for dye sublimation.
With the VJ 628, Sawgrass has now added a solution designed specifically for larger format and high volume sublimation production. This system is ideal for interior signage, fine art and photographic reproduction or high volume production of personalised gifts and promotional products.
The VJ 628 System features include:
• High performance industrial printheads capable of printing up to 1440 x 1440dpi – the highest resolution possible for printers in this category.
• The new formulation of Sawgrass’ patented SubliJet-HD sublimation inks in both dual CMYK and eight-colour configurations in convenient and reliable single-use cartridges.
• Prints up to 24.4in / 620mm on 24.8in / 630mm media, enabling full bleed for 24in / 610mm substrates.
• Compact design – Only 7.5sqft / 0.70sqm.
• Access to CreativeStudio, Sawgrass’ innovative cloud-based online design software and stock design library.
• Advanced colour management solutions, including the newly updated PowerDriver and CreativeStudio Print and Color Manager, as well as some RIP offerings.
• Full warranty, service and parts through Sawgrass’ PartnerPlus user support programme.
Also scheduled for demonstration at Sawgrass’ Viscom Milan booth:
• Virtuoso SG400/SG800 Systems – Co-engineered with Ricoh and harnessing the advanced technology of the printer manufacturer’s popular GelJet line, Sawgrass’ Virtuoso SG400 (A4) and SG800 (A3+) printers have the lowest start-up cost of any commercial product decorating technology.
• SubliJet-IQ Pro Photo Systems – Enable printmakers to produce high-end photographic reproductions on a variety of innovative substrates, such as high definition ChromaLuxe metal panels, tile, canvas and glass.
• SubliJet-R Systems – Ideal solutions for entry-level sublimators and volume businesses that demand precision and fine detail in every image.
• ChromaBlast-R Systems: Sawgrass’ cotton garment decorating solution produces vibrant, lasting images that look, feel and breathe like nothing else on the market.
VJ 628 System will make its Italian debut at Booth L05, Hall 8 from 15-17 October 2015 at Viscom Milan. Sawgrass President Darcy Mauro said, ‘Sawgrass is thrilled to present the only fully integrated sublimation system of this size to the Italian marketplace and Viscom Milan visitors. In direct response to dealer and end-user requests for an alternative to the current 24 inch / 610mm aftermarket solutions, we worked with Mutoh to develop the VJ 628 System, which offers a wider print area and brings the power of our desktop Virtuoso HD Product Decorating Systems to its next evolution.’