Engineered and manufactured at Mutoh in Japan, the new ValueJet 1638UR is an addition to Mutoh’s existing ValueJet 1638UH hybrid UV LED printer.
It will debut at the FESPA 2018 trade show, taking place from 15-18 May in Berlin, Germany.
The ValueJet 1638UR is a 162cm (64”) wide dual head, dual lamp UV LED roll-to-roll printer specifically developed for the commercial print and sign and display markets. The printer uses Mutoh’s new US11 UV LED CMYK, White and Clear 0% VOC inks, available in 220ml cassettes and 800ml bags (500ml for white), which enable printing on the widest range of roll substrates.
The VJ-1638UR will create instant dry output, ready for application or post-treatment. High added value can be created thanks to the use of white and clear inks enabling printing on transparent media and non-white substrates, multi-layer printing and spot varnish effects. The printer integrates two latest generation piezo drop on demand print heads producing print resolutions up to 1440 x 1440dpi. Media roll weights up to 100kg can be handled by the machine.
The 1638UR is suited for the production of high quality graphics, for applications such as in-store promotion prints and deco graphics, floor and window graphics, general signage, customised wallpapers, event banners and exhibition graphics, backlit prints, fine art prints, packaging samples, etc.
‘We have seen a considerable increase of sales of our UV LED printers during the past year,’ said Kenji Yasuhara, Mutoh Europe’s managing director. ‘The new ValueJet 1638UR will offer both installed-base (eco) solvent users as well as (offset/screen) printers an opportunity to expand their current product offering towards specialty applications and prints with high added value.’
ValueJet 1638UR, key product features:
- UV LED dual head, dual lamp 162.5cm (64”) wide roll-to-roll printer.
- Staggered dual head setup – piezo drop on demand inkjet technology – up to 1440 x 1440dpi.
- Optional roll take-up systems of 30kg and 100kg.
- 6 colours – CMYK + White and Clear.
- High opacity white ink for prints on transparent, black and coloured substrates.
- Intelligent white ink handling: automated white ink recirculation and maintenance guidelines.
- Clear inks for (spot) varnishing and special effects/multi-layer printing.
- Simultaneous white, colour and clear printing.
- Ideal for transparent, black and coloured substrates, wallpapers, backlit, typical sign and display. media, heat-sensitive media (uncoated polyolefin PVC free).
- No printer warm-up time needed + long life LED UV lamps: low energy consumption.
- Prints come out dry and ready to finish or deliver.
- 0% VOC ink, no VOC in the printing room, no air purifier needed and no VOC after application.
Upcoming FESPA events include FESPA Africa, the region’s largest, focused exhibition for wide format digital printing, screen printing, garment decoration and textile printing, which is co-located with Sign Africa and Africa Print, the region’s leading events for the signage industry. The event is taking place from 12-14 September 2018 at Gallagher Convention Centre, Johannesburg.
MIPS TECHNOLOGIES (+27 11) 451 8600 email@example.com www.mipstech.co.za