HP has unveiled a digital wallcovering solution, consisting of a modular range of design software, media, printing and finishing options to help customers expand their wallcovering business.
On display at Heimtextil 2013, from 9-12 Jan, the solution consists of a modular range of design software, media, printing and finishing options to help customers expand their wallcovering business. Components include:
- The HP WallArt Solution, an easy-to-use, cloud-based web service that simplifies the design, visualisation and production of customised wallcoverings (1).
- Solutions from new partner AVA, including design software and the AVA raster image processor (RIP) for file preparation as well as ripping with enhanced colour management in addition to improved efficiency.
- A wide range of compatible wall decoration media from HP and partners, including coated and uncoated, non-woven, vinyl, paper and PVC-free substrates( 2).
- The HP Designjet L26500 and L28500 Printer series for printing proofs or short runs directly to production media.
- High-volume, on-demand wallcovering production with the HP Scitex LX600 and LX850 Industrial Printers, which provide environmental certifications such as the GREENGUARD Children & Schools Certification ProgrammeSM (3).
- Automatic, accurate panel cutting from partner Fotoba International.
‘In the commercial, retail and residential markets, demand for unique décor is rapidly growing as both consumers and designers seek new ways to reflect their individual tastes, values and experiences in their homes as well as businesses,’ said Xavier Garcia, vice president and general manager, Sign and Display, HP. ‘The new digital printing solution from HP and our industry-leading partners helps PSPs and wallcovering manufacturers deliver this unique differentiation, bringing customers’ creativity to life.’
HP WallArt Solution provides an easy entry into customised wallcovering design
For customers interested in growing their wallcovering business, the HP WallArt Solution offers an intuitive, and easy-to-use design tool that allows PSPs or wallcovering manufacturers to design themselves or work with customers through the cloud to produce customised wallcoverings (1). The HP WallArt Solution enables the designer to enter precise room dimensions and easily work around windows and doors, giving designers more time to spend creating with an automated measurement process.
Customers can also render realistic visualisations of wallcoverings using their own content for backgrounds, objects and text with advanced image quality as well as scaling features. Requiring no special software or infrastructure support, the cloud-based HP WallArt Solution, allows for fast, convenient client reviews and approvals, keeping all parties involved throughout the process (1).
Colour management and increased productivity with new HP partner AVA
New HP partner AVA has delivered computer aided design and manufacturing (CAD/CAM) software to the printed decorative, textile and wallpaper industries for more than 20 years. With AVA design and file preparation software, designers can work easily with repeated patterns. The software solutions can also improve colour management with accurate screen-to-print colour matching, accuracy between layers and the ability to match digital prints to analogue in a hybrid print environment (4).
The AVA RIP gives customers increased colour control, faster ripping times and a seamless workflow from file preparation to printing (5). The RIP increases colour saturation and gamut for high-quality wallcoverings as well as helping achieve realistic colours on non-white media. As part of the fully integrated solution, the software also automatically generates cut marks for the Fotoba cutter, simplifying the cutting process.
HP Latex offers broad media compatibility, proofing and high-quality production
Once the wallcovering is designed, customers can choose from a wide range of compatible substrates from HP and industry-leading media providers. HP Latex Printing Technologies have been internally tested with more than 25 wall décor media, including embossed, coated and uncoated, non-woven, vinyl, paper and PVC-free wallpaper (2) substrates. Media profiles are available for download from HP at http://www.hp.com/go/mediasolutionslocator.
The HP Designjet L26500 and L28500 printer series allows customers to print proofs or very short runs directly on the production media, eliminating doubts about how the design will appear on the final product. Ideal for design studios or small PSPs, these high-quality HP Latex printers are both affordable and easy to use.
For high-volume production of customised wallcoverings, the HP Scitex LX600 and LX850 Industrial Printers offer media versatility, a wide colour gamut and vivid colours up to 1200 dots per inch. With unattended overnight printing at production speeds, an optional dual roll kit (6) and prints that come off the printer dry and ready to use, customers can increase productivity and reduce running costs.
HP proofing and production printers with HP Latex Inks give customers a competitive advantage with recognised indoor air quality certifications. HP Latex Ink prints are GREENGUARD Children & Schools CertifiedSM, (3) meet AgBB criteria(7) and the inks have achieved UL Sustainable Product Certification.(8) These inks produce odourless prints(9) ideal for residential, healthcare and other sensitive environments as well as help improve the work environment with no requirements for hazard warning labels.
Fotoba wallcovering cutting solution reduces bottlenecks
Transforming the traditionally complicated process of cutting wallcoverings, Fotoba International is helping PSPs and manufacturers streamline workflow with automatic, accurate panel cutting. The new XLD 170 WP automatic cutting device is designed specifically for wallcovering panels, delivering precise edge panel cutting on a wide range of media.
The new solution offers horizontal cutting and vertical slitting of multiple panels simultaneously on pieces up to 1.7m (5.57 ft) wide. The XLD 170 WP also works with the automatic cut marks created by a wide variety of RIPs including AVA, Caldera and ONYX.
A free one-year trial license of the HP WallArt Solution is available now at www.hp.com/go/wallart.
1) Requires an HP WallArt account, Internet connection and connected Internet-capable device. One year free trial license. Cancel at any time. After the free trial, a full HP WallArt license may be purchased. For more information, see www.hp.com/go/wallart.
2) For HP PVC-free Wall Paper, chemical analysis demonstrated elemental chlorine to be below 200 ppm. Presence of chlorine is attributed to residual chlorine used in the paper-making process, and not due to the presence of PVC.
3) HP WallArt printed with HP Latex Inks and other prints on HP PVC-free Wall Paper printed with HP Latex Inks are GREENGUARD Children & Schools Certified. See www.greenguard.org.
4) Contact AVA CAD CAM at email@example.com for accurate colour management recommendations and criteria.
5) Applicable to the HP Designjet L26500 Printer series only.
6) With the purchase of the optional dual-roll accessory for HP Scitex LX600 Industrial Printers.
7) HP Wall Art printed on HP PVC-free Wall Paper and other prints on HP PVC-free Wall Paper printed with HP Latex Inks meet AgBB criteria for health-related evaluation of VOC emissions of indoor building products. See www.umweltbundesamt.de/produkte-e/bauprodukte/agbb.htm.
8) Certification under the UL Environmental Standard for Sustainability for Printing Inks (UL 2801) demonstrates that an ink meets a range of stringent criteria related to human health and environmental considerations. Referred to as CCD-040, an EcoLogo® standard, in Canada. Learn more at ul.com/environment.
9) Some substrates may have inherent odour.
10) Pricing and availability may vary by country or region.