The new HP PageWide XL 5100 printers equip enterprise print rooms, central reprographic departments and reprographic houses for enhanced mid-volume production in both colour and monochrome.
At speeds up to 20 D/A1-size prints per minute, the series delivers technical documents with quick turnaround and low operating costs for architects and engineers, in addition to geographic information system (GIS) maps and point-of-sale (POS) poster applications.
‘The debut of new HP PageWide XL printers is another giant leap on the HP journey to offer continued innovation in large format printing for the designers of the future,’ said Guayente Sanmartín, general manager and global head, HP Large Format Design Printing. ‘The breakthrough PageWide XL platform with even faster printing speeds will also help our customers move the needle for business with immediate monochrome and colour prints delivered from one unique printer.’
The printers produce outstanding print quality, and are also available in multifunction configuration with copying and scanning for collaboration. Additional benefits include:
- Set a new technical document standard with crisp lines, 2-point text, smooth grayscales, and vibrant colour.
- Print/scan/copy in monochrome and color with one single device in 50% of the time with a consolidated workflow.
- New advanced functionality for the integrated scanners such as smart background removal.
- ISO 11798 certified HP PageWide XL pigment inks provide long-term storage, light/water resistance.
- Help keep data safe — self-encrypting HDD with AES-256, Secure Disk Erase, and IPSec.
HP is also now offering increased productivity for the HP PageWide XL portfolio with new software solutions. HP SmartStream has two new modules. Document Organiser, enables the user to automatically rename large volumes of files using innovative technology, for significant time savings in job management. Pixel Analysis provides accurate quotes before printing using the job pixel coverage. HP SmartTracker software is a tool to help users control printing costs and enable reimbursement.
HP is also introducing new features for HP, HD and SD Pro Scanners to improve operator productivity, image quality and background cleaning capabilities. A new output tray streamlines both the scan and copy workflows.
The HP PageWide XL 5100 printer series will begin shipping in EMEA in early 2018. Specific country releases will follow.