Epson has entered the direct-to-garment printing market with the launch of the Surecolor SC-F2000 printer, which is being showcased at PRINT 13, taking place from 8-12 September in Chicago.
Engineered by Epson from the ground up, the new SureColor F2000 Series printers deliver industrial-level production, image quality, and reliability. With the ability to print directly onto garments–T-shirts, hoodies, jackets, tote bags, and more–ranging from 100 percent cotton to 50/50 fabric blends, the SureColor F2000 Series offers additional revenue opportunities for garment print shops of any size.
The SureColor F2000 Series printers leverage Epson UltraChrome® DG ink technology – an all new, garment ink formulation developed specifically for the Epson MicroPiezo® TFP® print head delivering precise and repeatable performance, image quality, and high reliability. The Epson SureColor F2000 Standard Edition is a high-speed CMYK-only model and the Epson SureColor F2000 White Edition offers the added benefit of white ink for printing on dark or color fabrics.
‘For more than three years, Epson dedicated a team of mechanical, chemical, and software engineers to create an all-new imaging technology designed for printing directly to garments,’ said Larry Kaufman, product manager, Professional Imaging, Epson America, Inc. ‘Delivering superior print quality and reliability to generate more revenue, these DTG printers offer versatility and customisation for high-profit, short-run jobs.’
The series offers advanced features for the direct-to-garment industry, including:
- Epson MicroPiezo TFP Print Head. Purpose-built, high performance print head with 360 nozzles per color ensures efficient, precise and repeatable performance and excellent image quality; low vibration meniscus control for highly accurate dot shape and placement; ink repelling coating technology for reduced nozzle clogging and optimised specifically for Epson’s specialized direct-to-garment inks significantly improving the print head life.
- Epson UltraChrome DG Ink. Epson-exclusive water-based pigment CMYK and CMYK+White ink technology delivers precise and repeatable performance and superior image quality and ink cartridges are available in 250 and 600 ml sizes.
- All-new Print Engine. Purpose-built specifically for direct-to-garment print applications, for high reliability and everyday ease-of-use.
- Garment Platen: 36cm x 41cm (14” x 16”) medium standard platen is included with unit; additional platens are available for small 25cm x 31cm x 51cm (10” x 12”), large 41cm x (16” x 20”), and sleeve sizes.
- Garment Creator Software. Included Mac and Windows application gives users flexibility with their print workflow, control to review job history and the ability to estimate costs in managing and producing prints.