Graphix Supply World, together with media partners, Practical Sign & Digital Graphics, and sponsors Mimaki, Esko and Re-board, pioneers of recyclable rigid paper board, have launched the Rigid Paper Board Challenge competition and entries are now open.
The Rigid Paper Board Competition 2012 recognises excellence in the point-of purchase-advertising displays, in-store communication, expo stand displays and other imaginative displays produced using rigid paper board, between 1 June 2012 and 15 August 2012.
The competition aims to highlight the ‘green’ technology and media available in the print, graphics, decorative, shop fitting and signage industry. The RPB Challenge will increase awareness to potential corporates and customers of rigid paper board, and it’s many applications.
The winning prize will be awarded to the ‘Best Overall Display of the Year’ manufactured from rigid paper board.
The competition is open to any designer/company/converter of rigid paper board material, no matter what brand of board, printer or cutter used. Manufacturers of rigid paper board are not permitted to enter.
In addition to extensive publicity, entrants stand the chance to win one of the following prizes: 1st prize: R15000 CASH + 3 free design downloads from the Re-board database.
2nd prize: R10000 CASH + 2 free design downloads from the Re-board database.
3rd prize: R5000 CASH + 1 free design download from the Re-board database.
Entrants will receive considerable media coverage, and get highlighted in:
• Re-board newsletter that has vast circulation globally, including brand owners.
• Practical Sign & Digital Graphics magazine and online www.signafrica.com
• Africa Print Journal and online www.africaprint.com
• Graphix Supply World newsletter and online: www.gsw.co.za
• Graphix magazine and online: www.graphixmag.co.za
• Packaging & Print magazine: www.packagingmag.co.za
Entries will be judged at the Sign Africa and Africa Print Expo from 22-24 August 2012 at the Sandton Convention Centre. Winners will be announced at the Expo.
Together with suppliers and partners, GSW and Practical Publishing are holding the competition to show their continued commitment and support of sustainable and environmentally friendly digital print technology.
• Re-board, the pioneers of 100% recyclable rigid paper board, and esteemed manufacturers of the highest quality rigid paper board on the market.
• Mimaki Engineering, leading manufacturers of digital large format print and cut solutions for the print, sign, industrial applications, textile and graphics-related industries. The company is committed to ‘green solutions’.
• Esko, manufacturers of Kongsberg premium quality digital flatbed cutting and finishing tables, and the fastest design, print and cut solutions.
More information, entry forms and terms and conditions can be obtained from email@example.com
What categories can be entered?
• Any POS/POP Display
• Shop Fitting Display
• Window Display
• Expo Stand Display
• Signage Display
• Entries must have been produced between 1 June 2011 and 15 August 2012.
• Entrants must sign to commit that they hold a copyright for the entry, or have permission from the holder to enter the awards.