Mutoh Europe announced its first ever true wide format flatbed printer called PerformanceJet 2508UF (PJ-2508UF). The PerformanceJet 2508UF is a true flatbed (1250mm x 2540mm (4” x 8”) LED UV printer with moving gantry.
The standard PJ-2508UF incorporates two powerful UV LED lamps and four variable drop greyscale heads mounted in a staggered setup, allowing either 2x CMYK or CMYK + White & Varnish printing. The machine will also be field upgradable to six heads to combine speed and functionality.
The machine was presented at FESPA 2018 in Berlin
The PJ-2508UF can deal with media thicknesses up to 100mm (3.94”) and 50kg/sqm, has a print bed sectioned in different vacuum zones and an air powered pin registration system to facilitate multi panel jobs and double-sided prints as well as a blowback feature for easy handling and positioning of heavy media. The PerformanceJet 2508UF is targeted at print providers looking for premium-margin jobs, high print quality, added value specialty prints, productivity and an attractive environmental footprint, for the production of directional signage, fine art prints, tradeshow graphics, POP prints, retail signage, packaging samples, etc.
‘We were delighted to present the PJ-2508UF for the first time in the EMEA business area at FESPA,’ said Kenji Yasuhara, Mutoh Europe’s managing director. ‘The PerformanceJet was staged next to our new roll-to-roll UV LED ValueJet 1638UR printer model which was also presented for the first time in Berlin. With the addition of these two new products, Mutoh will be able to offer a complete portfolio of UV LED printers ranging from desktop object flatbed printers to wide format hybrid, roll-to-roll and true flatbed solutions,’ Yasuhara concluded.
PerformanceJet 2508 key product features
- 2540 x 1250 mm (4” x 8”) ﬂatbed LED UV printer with moving gantry.
- Variable drop greyscale print heads.
- Media thickness up to 100mm (3.94”).
- Maximum weight: 50kg/sqm.
- Automatic media thickness measurement and head height adjustment.
- Low energy consumption and low operating temperatures, ideal for heat-sensitive materials.
- Print bed with multiple vacuum zones.
- Air powered registration pin system facilitating multi panel jobs and double-sided prints.
- Vacuum bed blowing function for easy media positioning.
- Edge-to-edge borderless printing.
- Output immediately dry and ready for use or second stage treatment.
Upcoming FESPA events
FESPA Africa, the region’s largest, focused exhibition for wide format digital printing, screen printing, garment decoration and textile printing, which is co-located with Sign Africa and Africa Print, the region’s leading events for the signage industry. The event is taking place from 12-14 September 2018 at Gallagher Convention Centre, Johannesburg.