Mimaki has launched the SIJ-320UV, a 3.2m wide format LED-UV curing inkjet printer developed to support the needs of wide format print service providers in Africa, China, Taiwan, Russia, Korea, Southeast Asia, Eastern Europe, the Middle East and Latin America.
The built-in quality and uninterrupted print run checking features combine perfectly with the newly developed LUS-120 high performance UV curing ink, enabling the printer to produce uninterrupted high quality and high speed printing of various signage media, including PVC and other banner materials. The printer will be commercially available from April 2015.
The SIJ-320UV is equipped with various print quality check features to ensure the Mimaki quality guarantee:
– The patented dithering Mimaki Fine Diffusion 1 technology (MFD1) processes image data while safeguarding the original image quality. The technology is included in the Rasterlink 6 RIP software and reduces noise through hybrid processing of pattern and error diffusion dithering.
– Mimaki Advanced pass system 4 (MAPS4) reduces banding and uneven colour printing.
– Optimum waveform technique ensures ink deposition at an optimum angle from the printhead, while maintaining excellent ink droplet circularity.
– NCU automatically detects and recovers clogged nozzles.
– NRS selects substitute nozzles to restart printing, if required.
– Precise media feeding mechanism supports fine printing.
Africa, China, Taiwan, Russia, Korea, Southeast Asia, Eastern Europe, the Middle East and Latin America are experiencing a surge in wide format application jobs. The need to produce short run jobs on a wide variety of media has created room in these markets for a wide format printer that could master miscellaneous jobs at a high pace at exceptional quality. Mimaki has therefore launched this dedicated roll-to-roll printer for various signage media, including PVC and other banner materials.
Alongside the printer, Mimaki also introduces the versatile LUS-120 UV ink, offering printers the flexibility and durability required for signage jobs. The ink delivers beautiful, durable printing results at all times, even on soft media such as (non-laminated) banner materials.
Moreover, to make the printer’s job load even more practical, it allows for simultaneous printing on two rolls, up to a maximum mountable media width of 1,524mm for each roll. That way, printers can simultaneously handle two different jobs on one machine.
Mike Horsten, General Manager Marketing EMEA at Mimaki Europe, commented on the new launch, ‘This machine is as versatile and flexible as the printers it is designed for in these regions. State-of-the-art Mimaki technology combined with durable and outstanding ink colour reproduction will make sure they can timely tailor each print job to the needs and quality standards of their customers.’