HEXIS supplied both digital printing media with dedicated laminates and plotter vinyl with transfer tape for an exhibition at the Musée du Quai Branly – Jacques Chirac.
At the end of 2021, the Quai Branly Museum in Paris, opened a new exhibition: ‘Ultimate Combat – Martial Arts of Asia’ which retraces the history of martial arts and to which HEXIS had the privilege of contributing through OXY Signalétique.
From the Hindu arts to the Shaolin monks and the martial arts schools of Asia, the exhibition is a journey marked by references to popular arts and cultures, most notably with the emblematic figure of Bruce Lee.
As part of a public tender, OXY Signalétique were awarded the titanic task of wrapping and providing signage and markings for the 200m wide and 10m tall palisades surrounding the façade of the famous Parisian museum.
A special illustration was devised to honour the exhibition, making it look grand and showcasing several giant characters, including Bruce Lee. The illustrations were produced using clear vinyl film printed with a transparency technique that allows the viewer to view them from either side of the glass palisade. It took no less than 10 days to prepare and wrap the 2000sqm area.
For the Quai Branly Museum graphics, HEXIS provided the following product references:
– Black ECOTAC for the graphics.
– White ECOTAC for the large format lettering.
– HEX100 application tape for the transfer of the graphics.
– V202 high performance clear gloss digital printing film for the glass surfaces.
– VCSR201 high performance white gloss digital printing film with super-reinforced adhesive for application on the metal structure.
– VCR750M high performance clear matt laminate with special reinforced adhesive for use on UV inkjet prints.
Kolok Graphic Supplies
+27 11 248 0554