The company showcased the new EFI™ VUTEk® GS3250LX and EFI RASTEk H652 at the Sign Africa Expo, which took place from 22-24 August at the Sandton Convention Centre.
EFI VUTEk GS3250LX
The fully-loaded EFI™ VUTEk® GS3250LX is a LED-based printer designed to lower your total cost of ownership over the printer’s lifetime. It produces more jobs, extends your application offerings and lowers your operating costs with cure technology and high productivity features. It is an ideal choice if you want to satisfy customers’ requests for a greener printing solution. The VUTEk GS3250LX contains no VOCs, uses less consumables, produces less waste, uses less energy and has the ability to print on recycled and other materials without warping or head strikes.
GS Series Image Quality with New Cool Cure LED Technology
• Deliver high definition Point-of-Purchase graphics with true 1000 dpi and advanced three-layer white ink printing.
• Increase up time and productivity with instant on/off and less maintenance.
• Drive down operating costs with decreased power consumption and lower hard costs.
• Extend the range of supported substrates with innovative ink curing technology that delivers high quality and high adhesion.
• Reduce waste with consistent color output and simple operation.
• Satisfy customer requests for a greener print solution.
Increased Reliability and Serviceability and New Software for Greater Performance
• Deal with fewer parts and improved reliability standards for less errors and easier troubleshooting.
• Run multiple jobs at once and better utilize the new multi-queue functionality available right at the user interface.
• Receive back communication of audit information on every print job with new bi-directional communication between the Fiery® XF RIP and VUTEk system.
• Get better colour and performance and easier deployment with the new Fiery XF 4.5 RIP.
• Optimise your business processes and profit potential with seamless printer integration to EFI Web-to-Print and MIS solutions with native JDF connectivity.
Features and Specifications
• Eight-colour plus white UV printing for outstanding image quality switchable to Fast-5 for high productivity.
• Prints quality output up to 223sqm/hr (2400 ft2/hr) and 60 – 1.2m x 2.4m ( 4’x8’) sheets per hour.
• Dual resolution: TRUE 600 dpi (24pL) or 1000 dpi (12pL) selectable.
• High Definition Print (HDP).
• White printing capability allows printing white in six variations (overprint, underprint, spot, underspot, fill and overspot).
EFI RASTEk H652
The entry-level EFI™ Rastek™ H652 UV hybrid printer delivers best-in-class photographic image quality and comes with white ink printing capability. The printer is the perfect choice if you are a quick print, graphic arts, production or print shop where image quality and speed are critical to meet your customers’ demands. It also delivers a high rate of return, so you can pay for the printer by using it just a few hours a day.
Features and benefits:
• Produces photographic image quality for demanding customers.
• Comes with four-colour plus white ink support for spot colour and under and overprinting, so businesses can get more options to increase their capabilities and profits.
• Handles a wide range of flexible and rigid media quickly and easily with versatile vacuum belt media transport system.
• Has grayscale print heads that produce exceptional image quality, saturated colors and smooth colour gradations by utilising eight size drops ranging from six Pico-litre drops for
fine detail to 42 Pico-litre drops.
• Display graphics
• Exhibition graphics
• Indoor and outdoor signage
• Industrial–Membrane switch, packaging
• Point-of-Purchase advertising
Features and Benefits
• Standard – CMYK plus White
• Up to 42.27sqm/hr (455 ft²/hr)
• Up to 1200 x 600 dpi
• Up to eight levels of grayscale