HP’s Latex Printing Technologies will take centre stage at the Sign Africa Expo, taking place from 22-24th August at the Sandton Convention Centre, Johannesburg. Highlights include the latest latex large format printers, the HP Designjet L28500 and HP Designjet L26500 printers and many other large format solutions from HP’s sign and display portfolio.
HP is exhibiting with its partners, Graficomp (Hall 1, E9-16) and Midcomp (Hall 1, G 1-20), each of which will display a large format digital solutions line-up that reflects the continued importance of HP’s Latex Printing Technologies, which can limit the impact on the environment and help customers increase their sustainability.
Both the HP Designjet L28500 and HP Designjet L26500 printers enable a broader range of indoor and outdoor signage applications with better durability than eco-solvent inks (1). The 2.64m (104in)-wide HP Designjet L28500 printer delivers speeds up to 70 per cent faster (2) than the HP Designjet L25500 Printer, while the 1.55m (61in) HP Designjet L26500 Printer is ideal for customers entering the growing soft-signage (3) market.
Each printer features HP 792 Latex Designjet Inks, which produce rich blacks and glossy results on banners and self-adhesive vinyl, and offer double-sided printing capabilities (4) with less user intervention and more accurate, automated registration. Compatible with more than 500 media solutions, including HP Double-sided HDPE Reinforced banner material, HP Latex Inks provide a consistent, reliable performance across a variety of substrates.
Also on show at Sign Africa will be:
- The 3.2m (126in) HP Scitex LX850 Industrial Printer, which delivers maximum versatility and productivity with multiple workflow features, including dual-roll, roll-to-free fall and roll-to-collector handling, and an ink collector.
- The robust and versatile HP Scitex FB700 Printer, which offers the ability to print on both rigid and flexible media (5) for indoor and outdoor applications at speeds up to 80sqm/hr (861ft2/hr) (billboard mode). Using UV-curable ink, the printer can handle rigid substrates up to 6.4cm (2.5in), print up to six sheets at once, and produce double-sided prints and full-bleed printing, making it ideal for print service providers looking to expand into new markets.
- The Web-connected HP Designjet T2300 eMultifunction (eMFP) Printer, which enables easy, one-click scanning of maps, sketches and hand-annotated drawings. These can then be shared with design teams via scanning directly to a USB drive, or uploading to the web using HP ePrint & Share (6).
Graficomp will be showing the HP Designjet L28500 Printer, the HP Designjet L26500 printer, the HP LX850 Industrial Printer, and the HP Designjet T2300 eMFP.
On the Midcomp stand will be the HP Designjet L28500 Printer, the HP Scitex LX850 Industrial printer, and the HP Scitex FB700 printer. Both companies will have a range of HP media samples and complementary cutting/laminating equipment .
In addition, visitors will have access to expert staff who will be available to offer advice and consultancy on the many other large format solutions from HP’s sign and display portfolio. These include the HP Scitex FB7600 Industrial Press for flexible and rigid media; the high volume, roll-to-sheet HP Scitex TJ8600 and TJ8350 Industrial Presses; as well as the HP Scitex XP family of super-wide format, roll-to-roll industrial printers.
More information is available at www.youtube.com/hpgraphicarts or follow HP on www.twitter.com/hpgraphicarts.
(1) Durability comparison based on testing of representative eco-solvent inks including eco-sol Max inks on Avery SA vinyl for display permanence and scratch, rub/abrasion and chemical resistance. HP image permanence and scratch, smudge and water resistance estimates by HP Image Permanence Lab on a range of media including HP printing materials. Additional information available at www.hp.com/go/supplies/printpermanence
(2) The HP Designjet L28500 and L26500 Printers produce an extremely broad range of both outdoor and indoor applications from a single device, which surpasses the number of different applications that traditional eco-solvent printers or water-based printers can produce. The HP Designjet L28500 Printer achieves speeds up to 70 percent faster than the HP Designjet L26500 and L25500 Printers.
(3) For best results, print on media that does not let the ink trespass onto the printer. Performance may vary depending on media. Users should consult their media supplier for compatibility details.
(4) For best results use media options intended for double-sided printing.
(5) Flexible media printing with an optional HP Scitex FB700 Roll-to-Roll Upgrade Kit. Printing performance may vary depending on media.
(6) Requires an Internet connection to the printer. Feature works with any Internet- and email- capable device. For details, www.hp.com/go/eprintcenter.
MIDCOMP (+27 11) 789 1222 email@example.com www.midcomp.co.za