Parrot Displays has been active in the sales and marketing of digital signage products for more than five years. With the cost of LED’s decreasing, the company has seen the international market trend moving towards the digital age and have identified a market for these products within South Africa and Africa. In 2018, Parrot Displays will drive their digital signage products and ensure both suppliers and customers are up to speed with their technology and uses. Parrot Displays also offer a rental option in this category. This article appears in the Sign Africa Journal.
Parrot offers indoor and outdoor LED Digital Signage Screen Module solutions.
• SMD P4 module screen: 512 x 512mm Aluminium Cabinet.
• SMD P5 module screen: 640 x 640mm Aluminium Cabinet.
The solutions come with all required certification documents including Local Letters of Authority from the NRCS, as per government legislation. Parrot Displays offer turnkey solutions that encapsulate the entire process right down to the Civil works, installation and commissioning of the sign. The hardware can be individually purchased as well, e.g., LED screen modules, controller cards, power cables etc.
Parrot Displays has a new solution targeted at schools and function venues. The system allows the screen to rotate 180 degrees, allowing advertising to be shown to passing motorists and then, facing a field or open ground, used as a normal screen to show sports events, movies or live events. This solution is ideal for schools to generate advertising revenue. The standard screen size for this solution is 5.12 metres x 3.2 metres and can be customised to sizing requirements.
Parrot Displays also offers a range of Touch screen systems. The SF5000 is a 47” single sided floor standing touch screen similar to those found in shopping centres, showing shopper location and mall information. The IWS1042B 43” Touch Table uses the latest infrared technology to track movement along the screen. This solution is targeted at expo’s, trade shows, retailers, hospitality and more.
The company has an in-house graphics and CAD department, creating custom visuals and designs to meet customers’ needs. The Johannesburg based engineering department can be commissioned to manufacture metal structures to customer specifications.
• A rental option is available for the P4 LED screens. Daily retail pricing is offered. Longer time periods will qualify for discounted rates.
• 2 x 2m and 1.5 x 2.5m screen size. Including stand.
• Rental price includes insurance and delivery.
• Installation charged per hour.
• Rental includes all required parts for full display of images/videos.
• Laptop with Wi-Fi connection needed.
Parrot Displays can now assist with tailor-made financing for the purchase of a digital signage solution.
The company offers nationwide support on all installations. Back up support is provided for technical or hardware queries, offered through Parrots’ pre-sales, in-sales and after-sales support structure.
• Parrot Displays provides training for all suppliers’ sales staff on the product range.
• The company hosts free monthly customer days/lunch and learn sessions at its branches across South Africa, Namibia, Botswana and Zambia. These functions allow customers to view the items and interact with the displays and systems, learning more on the benefits of these systems.
• These presentations can also be done at the customer’s offices or on-site.
Installations are offered on all products at an hourly rate and done by qualified installers from the company’s head office and branches nationwide.