The Sign Africa Expo in Johannesburg, held from 22-24 August at the Sandton Convention Centre, was a success, with 5893 visitors coming to see the good cross-section of products and services on display and exhibitors making good leads on the day.
- The Roland/Avery Dennison Speed Wrap 2012 Challenge was extremely popular with expo visitors, who came to see contestants racing against the clock to wrap a vehicle door in 25 minutes. Daily prizes included: winner: R6500, second place: R3000, third place: R1500. Michael Monamodi from Fineline Design won day one of the Roland Speed Wrap 2012 Challenge; Chris Burger from Style Graphics in Namibia won day two’s challenge and Jabulani Dibakwana won day three’s challenge.
- Sign-Tronic showcased a world first: printing on water with the Océ Arizona printer.
- GSW showcased the the revolutionary JV400-130/160SUV solvent printer.
- Amfi Craft launched its range of Composite GRP billboards.
- Sheetco showcased the new Avanti CPS DS 3200T wide format printer.
Judges visited each stand at the expo and judged the stands according to criteria based on design and staff friendliness and professionalism. The stand winners and runners up include:
Best Mega Stand (100sqm and bigger)
1st: Maizey Plastics
2nd: Sytech Supplies
3rd: Antalis South Africa
Best Large Stand (55-99sqm and bigger)
2nd: Graphix Supply World Mimaki
Best Medium Stand (19 – 54sqm) shell scheme:
2nd: Rubber Stamp and Engraving
3rd: Applied Imaging and Information Management
Best Medium Stand (19 – 54sqm) floor space:
2nd: Shenzhen Eastar Electronic Co., Ltd
3rd: Parrot Products
Best Small Stand (1-18sqm) shell scheme:
1st: Sinclair Equipment
2nd: Shanghai MeOrient Exhibition Co., Ltd
3rd: Sign Works Co., Ltd
Best Small Stand (1-18sqm) floor space:
2nd: Red Hand Sign Supplies
3rd: Scan Display
Marthinus Marais from Fabri-Cut is the lucky winner of an iPad 2, which he won by entering our Visitor Passport 2012 competition.