Sign Africa is looking for ‘How-To’ educational video content, detailing step-by-step processes related to the signage and printing industry. The videos focus on processes, not products.
Examples of some topics used for past videos include:
• How To Laminate And Mount Wide Format Materials.
• How To Engrave And Cut Wood With A Laser.
• How To Bend And Weld Stainless Steel Channel Letters.
Special equipment is not required – most smartphones take really good videos. You are also welcome to send us videos from the brands you represent, provided these companies give permission for these to be used.
• Needs to be eductional and not a company punt or product advertising.
• Must educate readers on a step-by-step process relevant to signage and print.
• Subtitles can be used. Please ensure the font and colour is easy to read and not obstructing important footage. We recommend white text with a black outline or white text on a black bar background.
• Choose a clean, easy to read font for the subtitles.
• Subtitles should also be no longer than three lines and should be displayed long enough so that it is easy to read.
• Company branding can be present in the background but not distracting or flashing.
• No special offers or advertising on display.
• Music backtrack can be used. Please ensure that it is licence free.
• No background noise.
• Good lighting.
• Use a microphone or ensure that the spokesperson can be heard clearly on the video.
• Use a tripod or gimble if possible.
• Length: 3-5 minutes is a guideline. Not longer. However if the steps are covered in a shorter time, that is suitable.
• File format: MPEG 4 or MP4
• File size: 150-200MB
If your company has an idea for an educational video on a product or service related to the signage and print industry, send your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.
PRACTICAL PUBLISHING (PTY) LTD +27114501650 http://www.practicalpublishing.co.za