Mutoh Belgium introduced its new ValueJet 1638 line, the two four-colour 165cm (64”) wide high speed printers, at Sign & Digital UK 2012. The models are the first ValueJet printers to feature a staggered dual head setup, offering improved productivity.
The new ValueJet 1638 model, offering sellable production quality speeds up to 36sqm/h at 720 x 720 dpi, is targeted at the sign and display market. The printer utilises Mutoh Eco Ultra CMYK inks and will address the needs of print service providers (PSPs) and commercial printers looking for a high volume printing solution.
The ValueJet 1638W model was designed specifically for the sublimation transfer market. The printer uses Mutoh’s water-based direct disperse inks and will deliver production speeds up to 65sqm/h.
The new dual head printers incorporate the company’s award-winning Intelligent Interweaving print technology which guarantees predictable and repeatable output quality. The VJ-1638 and VJ-1638W printers also feature a high level of operator comfort and print production efficiency, thanks to a newly-designed keyboard, an automatic sheet off system and a tiltable ink cassette holder which saves space and enables loading of different ink volumes.
Staggered Dual Head Setup for Increased performance
The new 1638 dual head printers offer a unique blend of high speed and high quality printing. The new staggered head setup is a good example of how ‘1+1’ can be more than ‘2’. Three elements are brought together. Firstly, two latest generation 1440 nozzle heads in a staggered setup. Secondly, higher carriage speeds and ink firing frequencies thanks to new machine electronics. Last but not least, adapted weaving algorithms tuned to the new print heads. Altogether, this technology mix gives an impressive increase in production speed in combination with an optimized ink spread and improved drying behaviour.
‘The ValueJet 1638 line will enable us to perfectly address the needs of volume-oriented users requiring high print speeds and who at the same time put impeccable print quality on top of their wish list,’ said Arthur Vanhoutte, Mutoh Belgium’s General Manager.
‘The ValueJet 1638 is the fastest 165cm (64”) Eco printer on the market today. It will replace our Blizzard 166cm (65”) model and is an addition to the recently launched ValueJet 1324 – 138cm (54”) and ValueJet 1624 models. The ValueJet 1638W has been purpose-built for high-speed digital transfer printing. The ‘W’ stands for water-based. This model will replace our Viper Extreme 166cm (65”) printer and will complement our existing ValueJet 1304W 138cm (54”) and 1604W 165cm dye sub printers. With sellable production speeds up to 65sqm/h, the 1638W will set a new performance benchmark for wide-format dye sub printers in the growing market of soft signage applications,’ Vanhoutte concluded.
Common Features VJ-1638 /VJ-1638W
- Max. media width : 1625mm (63.97”) / Max. print width : 1615mm (63.58”).
- Two drop-on-demand micro piezo inkjet heads with dynamic variable dot imaging technology.
- Staggered head setup – latest generation 1440 nozzle piezo heads (360 nozzles / head – two nozzle rows per colour), drop mass range 3.6 – 35 pl/37.4 pl.
- Print Resolutions (dpi) : 360 x 360, 360 x 720, 540 x 720, 720 x 720, 720 x 1080, 1440 x 720 and 1440 x 1440.
- Mutoh Intelligent Interweaving technology (i²) incorporated.
- Media thickness : heads low : 0.3mm / heads middle : 1.3mm / heads high : 2.8mm.
- Standard non-motorized scroller supports at the back of the machine for non-motorized roll-off of media up to 30 kg roll media diametre max. 150mm.
- Different motorised winding/unwinding systems (30, 80 & 100 kg) available.
Key Features VJ-1638
- Targeted at the sign and display market : high volume and high quality production of long-term outdoor posters, signs and banners, backlit signage, POS displays, vehicle graphics as well as high quality durable prints for indoor use.
- Prints directly onto a wide range of uncoated and coated substrates.
- Three individually controlled heating elements below the print platen for media pre-heating, ink fixation and drying.
- Mutoh Eco Ultra inks, CMYK – 220 & 440 ml cassettes. Inks do not spread any harmful VOCs in working environment. No need for forced ventilation. Inks are UV and water-resistant for up to three years outdoors.
- Production speed range: High quality speed up to 20sqm/h (720 x 1080 dpi), Typical production speed up to 36 sqm/h (720 x 720 dpi), Top speed up to 48sqm/h (360 x 720 dpi).
Key Features VJ-1638W
- Targeted at the sublimation transfer market : soft signage & graphics for events, home decoration, flags and pennants, sportswear, in-store banners.
- Prints on all typical dye sub transfer papers from 66g/sqm to 150g/sqm.
- Mutoh high speed quick dry water-based disperse dye inks, CMYK, 1 and 5 l bottles. Rich and vibrant colours; top scores for wash fastness, rubbing and perspiration. Do not spread any harmful VOCs in the working environment.
- Ready for connection to Mutoh’s optional bulk ink system.
- For heat transfer of dye sub prints from paper to fabric, Mutoh’s Unifixer calender can be used.
- Production speed range: 10sqm/h – 65sqm/h.
- Typical production speeds up to 42sqm/h (360 x 720 dpi) / up to 65sqm/h (360 x 360 dpi).
Engineered and manufactured in Japan, the new ValueJet 1638 line will be showcased at all major sign and print industry events throughout Europe, the Middle East and Africa during the next coming weeks and months. The product will become available during the month of May 2012.