Esko has launched Automation Engine 12, a major component of the Suite 12 software for the packaging, label, sign making and display industries. Automation Engine 12 takes workflow automation to the next level. Esko has completed the promised integration of its three legacy workflow applications – BackStage, Nexus and Odystar – into one single platform. Customers using these servers can now upgrade to Automation Engine 12 and benefit from its robust and scalable, fully database-driven framework, while maintaining their current workflows.
In addition, Automation Engine 12 achieves standout performance from all other products in the market by being the first to provide full workflow automation for jobs that combine multiple printing techniques. This allows for complete automation of complex packaging print jobs for the first time. Parameters such as trapping, preflighting and distortion can all differ depending on the printing process. Using Automation Engine 12, a printing process can be assigned to every separation in the file if necessary.
Printing professionals face the daily challenges of needing to increase quality, reduce errors and drive cost out of business and production processes. Automation Engine 12 supports them every step of the way by reaching out to business systems to ensure seamless automation from order to print, while providing dynamic production workflows that are easy to set up and operate. Further specific new features of Automation Engine 12 are:
– Automated artwork creation of native files through comprehensive scripting support for Adobe applications (for example, Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign) and third party tools such as Alwan.
– Seamless synchronization between business processes and production through substantially improved integration between Automation Engine and the WebCenter packaging management solution. Also, integration with devices such as Esko’s CDI flexo CTP platesetter has been improved.
– Complete traceability in the platemaking process – a unique plate ID ensures full control of plates going to press and guarantees that the correct plate is re-imaged when required.
– Improved Viewer, making it a full Quality Control tool. Extra Viewer filters allow breakout dots, flexo plate, flexo print, registration error simulation and Total Ink Coverage to be visualised.
– Fully renewed web-based administration section enables monitoring and intervention from remote locations.
Automation Engine is a backbone component of Suite 12, and integrates interactive applications, RIPs and web tools into a single powerful solution. Customers can also purchase Automation Engine 12 as a standalone product. It delivers increased efficiency and throughput, and saves time and money for packaging and label service providers and their customers.
‘Automation Engine 12 takes automation of label production to a whole new level. It is the first server framework in the market to provide full automation for jobs that combine multiple printing techniques,’ said Dries Vandenbussche, Product Manager Server Platforms. ‘It’s flexible scripting capability for more automated artwork creation, and the automatic synchronisation with WebCenter, make Automation Engine 12 the ideal platform for complete automation from business system to plate or digital press.’
ANTALIS SOUTH AFRICA (PTY) LTD (+27 11) 688 6000 firstname.lastname@example.org www.antalis.co.za