Epson builds on the success of its wide-format printer range for signage and POS applications with the SureColor SC-30610. A 162.6cm (64 inches), four-colour (CMYK), roll-fed printer, the SC-30610 sets a new price/performance ratio in this highly competitive sector. Sign Africa saw this machine at Fespa Barcelona (21-24 February 2012).
Designed from the ground up to offer efficient and environmentally-friendly production at the lowest total cost of ownership, the SC-30610 enables print firms, signmakers, digital copy shops and repro centres to expand their service offering.
The SC-30610 can produce everything from posters, signs, banners, backlit panels and POS materials to vehicle wraps, interior decorations and exhibition displays. A wide range of roll media is supported, allowing users to print reliably and cost-effectively on vinyl, PVC and clear film, photographic paper and a range of popular banner substrates.
Richard Barrow, senior product manager at Epson Europe says, ‘Setting up the SC-30610 is fast and easy. Loading heavy media rolls, usually a two-person job, can be handled by one operator with ease thanks to our unique jack. And media tensioning, traditionally only accessible from the front of the printer, is controllable from both front and rear, so operators don’t waste time going back and forth. This reduces set-up time and maximises productivity.’
Epson’s precision engineering and proven Micro Piezo printhead technology ensure continuous and trouble-free operation, minimising maintenance and lost production time. High-volume workloads are handled with ease, with print speeds from 7.3 to 29.4m2/hour depending on printing mode; the former being typical for indoor poster use and the latter for outdoor banner applications. There is also a maximum quality mode for the most demanding close inspection work, which uses the printer’s full resolution of 1440 x 1440dpi.
Epson has developed a new ink – Epson UltraChrome GS2 – designed to work perfectly with the SC-30610 and Epson’s new generation of TFP printheads. UltraChrome GS2 builds on the strengths of UltraChrome GS (used in the Epson Stylus Pro GS6000) with a new yellow formulation that is lightfast for longer. UltraChrome GS2 is odourless, nickel-free and requires no special ventilation, allowing the SC-30610 to be used in an office environment.
Costs and environmental impact are reduced with the printer’s ENERGY STAR-qualified power efficiency.
The Epson SureColor SC-30610 will be available from March 2012.
- Prints on a wide range of coated and non-coated media up to 162.6cm (64 inches) wide.
- Single-operator roll media loading via easy-to-operate jack system.
- Easily-accessible front and rear media tensioning control.
- Speeds of up to 29.4m2/hr (High Speed mode; 9.9m2/hr in Production mode; 7.3m2/hr in High Quality mode, all on vinyl).
- New Thin Film Piezo printhead for precise droplet formation and long production life.
- Enhanced ink requires no ventilation and is suitable for use in an office environment.
- ENERGY STAR-qualified power efficiency.
- Long-lasting prints – lightfast for three years outdoors without lamination with new UltraChrome GS2 Ink.
- Resolution up to 1440 x 1440dpi with multiple passes for smooth blends and fine detail.
- Ethernet and USB connection.
- Optional supply system for heavy rolls up to 80kg.
- Optional heater to dry prints faster in high productivity applications.