Interest has been created among ceramic tile manufacturers, dealers, architects and consumers following the production of tiles through Durst RockJet/Gamma DG technology. The interest was due to the advantages of this technology for the creation of tiles with unique designs.
The tiles were showcased by Ceramiche Piemme, Italy; Colorobbia and Smalticeram at Cersaie 2019. Among the most appreciated advantages is the synchronisation of the structures with the graphics, without output limits, a feature that among other advantages makes these tiles look very natural.
Features and benefits of Durst RockJet/Gamma DG technology:
• First single pass printer for digital glazing of tiles and printing of structures.
• Patented Durst Rockjet head technology, developed and manufactured by Durst to suit the characteristics of ceramic glazes.
• Unparalleled resolution and level of detail, maximum reliability and flexibility.
• Creation of innovative and unique products, not achievable with the traditional technologies currently in use.
• Very natural effect thanks to the optimal synchronisation between random printing and the structure that perfectly follows the graphics.
• Unlimited number of designs and structures achievable.
• Increased flexibility in production through digital creation of on-demand structures.
• Simultaneous printing with different glazes on the same tile.
• Cost efficiency thanks to the use of inexpensive glazes with ceramic properties very similar to those of traditional glazes.